Green Shielded Cat8 Cable – LSZH
Brought to you from CAE Multimedia Connect, a Category 8 cable (or Cat8) network cable consisting of 4 twisted pairs of copper conductors measuring 23 AWG. With individually foil shielded pairs and an overall tinned copper braid, the SF2000 cable can easily be terminated with shielded RJ45 connectors. With super-fast data rates 25/40Gbps over a maximum 30m run, Cat8 cable is Ideal for the construction of Ethernet patch cables.
SF2000 Cat 8 cable is best suited for transferring data and signals in small enterprise LAN (Local Area Network) and for connecting data centre equipment such as and servers to switch high-speed links. The cable standards defined for ANSI/TIA-568-C2-1 Cat8 provide a bandwidth supporting frequencies up to 2000MHz and speeds up to 25/40Gbps. Category 8 cable is suitable for applications utilising IEE 25GBase –T and IEE 40GBase-T.
Features and Benefits
• Individually shielded pairs with an overall tinned copper braid.
• LSZH – Green RAL 6027 outer jacket
• Flame retardant to IEC60332-1
• Operating temperature range – 20°C to + 70°C
• 250 to 400 x faster than Cat5e cable
• IEC 61156-9 CAT8.1
• ISO 11801 Ed3 Class 1, TIA 568-C.2-1 CAT8
Category B cable is traditionally used for data centres and small enterprise LANs in commercial buildings. Because of the reach (max 30m run) and shielded only requirements, Cat 8 cabling is primarily targeted for switch to server interconnections. Usually found in top of rack and end of row topologies.
• ATM 155,622 Mbits and 1,2Gbits
• Ethernet IEEE802.3 10GBase-T on 90 meters
• Ethernet IEEE802.3 bq 25/40GBase-T on 30 meters
• POWER Over ETHERNET IEEE 802.3 af (PoE), IEEE 802.3 at (Poep) and future IEEE802.3 bt (4pPoE)
Q – What type of connector can you use with Cat 8 network cable?
A – RJ45 shielded connectors can be used with Cat8 Cable
Q – What type of shielding does Cat8 Ethernet cable have?
A – SF2000 twisted pair copper cable has an individual aluminium/polyester foil shield with an overall tinned copper braid.
|Outer Sheath Material||LSZH|
|Number of Strands||8|
|Fire Behaviour||Flame Retardant, Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH)|