DMC AF8 Adjustable Crimp Tool
From Daniels Manufacturing, this AF8 Adjustable Crimp Tool is highly adaptable and crimps a broad spectrum of wire sizes. With interchangeable turret heads available, the AF8 Adjustable Crimp Tool can be adapted to suit specific requirements. Lightweight and easy to operate, this handy crimp tool uses a precision ratchet control to assure an accurate crimp with each use.
Features and Benefits:
• Versatile crimping range
• 8 position selector knob
• Precision ratchet control
• Interchangeable positioner
The AF8 Crimping Tool requires the following accessories:
• The crimp tool requires the locator to crimp 16, 12 and 08 contact sizes, see stock number 343-2826 (typical.)
• Insertion and extraction tools are required for contact sizes 16 and 12, sees stock number 343-2810 (typical.)
• Maintenance & repair
• Prototype Production Application
• Lab Work
• Electrical Installations
• Cable assemblies
What is the difference between un-insulated and insulated crimp tools?
Un-insulated crimp tools are typically used for general applications, whereas the insulated crimp tools have been VDE tested up to 1000 V, designed for use where electrical current is present.
How do you maintain the product?
• Axles and other movable parts should be regularly lubricated.
• Lubrication* is recommended at least every 10,000 cycles whenever the tool is exposed to contaminants.
• Adjustment of the crimping die nests should also be checked. Readjustment of the pressure adjustment axle is necessary when the pre-load of the tool decreases significantly.
The Importance of a High-Quality Crimp
When a crimping tool is used on a terminal, two crimps take place at the same time. One is the electrical connection between the conductor and terminal. The other is the insulation crimp which provides strain relief against vibration and tension. It is important that the electrical connection is gas-tight without any voids between the wire strands and the terminal. If there any voids present, then corrosion can occur causing resistance and excessive heat which damages the electrical connection. Using a good quality crimping tool will ensure that a full, gas-tight crimp is produced preventing future deterioration of the electrical connection and insulation breakage.
Low Halogen (Black) Mil-C-5015 Bayonet Lock
|Crimp Connector Type||Crimp Contact|
|Crimp Tool Type||Plier|
|Overall Length||247.65 mm|